Wednesday 21 August 2013

REVIEW:- MUA Powerpout - Irreplaceable

 
MUA Power Pout - Irreplaceable - £3 - Here.
 
I previously reviewed the Revlon version of this for you and today I'm going to be giving you the low down on the MUA Chubby Stick dupe titled Power Pout.  I chose the colour Irreplaceable as it was a similar colour to the Revlon one so I could really see how they compare.
 
The packaging is exactly the same as Clinique and Revlon.  A chubby crayon type stick with the packaging colour matching the lipstick within.  I like when the packaging matches the product because it makes it easy to pick out from the rest of your collection.
 
The product again is extremely similar to the Revlon version.  It has the same type of scent, a fresh minty scent and a similar texture.
 
 
 
The consistency of the MUA product is a lot softer.  It felt softer when applying and also softer on the lips.  The Revlon was a lot firmer which in a way made for more staying power.  The MUA was easy to apply, I start with outlining the lips and then colour in the centre.  It felt super soft on the lips and had a definite balm texture to it leaving lips feel uber soft and moisturised.
 
It left my lips with a super gloss like look to them.  The Revlon had more of a sheen where as the MUA was definitely more on the glossy side, this was probably down to the softness of the product.
 
 
 
Another factor I am putting down to the softness is the lasting power.  The MUA didn't hold up against the Revlon.  It lasted around 3 hours before the product had completely vanished from my lips, no stain left at all but then I don't think MUA target this at being a stain so I probably can let them off with this slightly.
 
All in all I loved both of these products and definitely have room for both in my collection.
 
I will be trying more colours from both brands as I really did enjoy using them.
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Speak Soon,
 
Natalie xxx
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow for £3 this looks great! I was super tempted to buy a Clinique chubby stick but couldn't bring myself to part with the money. Love MUA, may have to try one of these next :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would...can't wait to get my hands on more! :) xx

      Delete
  2. that's such a pretty color and it looks great on you :)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete